Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Celebrating the Witch!

Auspiciously, I found a well written and darkly humorous book titled Witches Brew.  It is edited by Yvonne Jocks, and is a compilation of short stories and poetry by some well known and talented authors.  To name a few, the book contains the work of W.B. Yeats, Ursula K. Le Guin, Emily Bronte, Shirley Jackson, Louise Erdich, Ray Bradbury, and Anton Chekov.  It is divided into three sections:  The Wicked Witch, Witchcraft as Empowerment, and The Nature Witch.  As I am reading, I see a lot of myself in these sly, clear eyed characters.  Cackle cackle!

 I realize this is pretty much off the subject, but I just have to say it, because it needs saying.  Now this is my opinion and the only person who has to agree with me is Chip if he wants to keep eating and enjoy certain husbandly privileges.  Is husbandly a word?  Well, no matter.  You can see where I am coming from, but where am I going?

What I am going on about is that blast on the moon last week.  I think it was a waste of money, time, and intellectual energy.  That money could be used here on earth where there are plenty of needy creatures.  I just saw a story on the news last night about people literally starving from a drought in Kenya.  I also read a story in National Geographic about how the soil in Haiti has eroded to the point where pregnant woman eat cakes made of clay and shortening for sustenance for themselves and their unborn children.  Those intentions to accomplish something great should be set upon this planet.  Look at difference between the earth and the moon.  The moon is void of air and gray, and dead, while the earth is full of life and color.  All I can say to the moon blasters is there's no place like home, there's no place like home.  I am just being real.
Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment