Saturday, March 13, 2010

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie

I finally got the dvd from the library.  Oh, what a disappointment!  The movie left out my favorite parts of the book.  The scene where the Minister of Magic met the new Prime Minister of Britain to inform him about the terrible situation brewing in the magical world should have been in the movie.  It was so funny it was have brought some humor to this dark, gloomy film.  There was a greenish tint covering all the scenes.  I guess the darkness was suppose to symbolize the desolation and fear the escaped Dementors added to the general atmosphere.  It just irritated me.

Greyback was a repulsive and disgusting werewolf in the book, and I looked forward to seeing how he would be cast.  All I saw was a wanted poster of him on a wall, so there was no fight scene before Dumbledore was killed, and (Bill) Charlie Weasley's face was not bitten up.  And where was the love story between Lupin and Tonks, and the negative family clamor about Fleur's and (Actually it was Bill) Charlie's engagement?  And get this: Harry did not witness Dumbledore's killing and there was no funeral for the most famous headmaster at Hogwarts.

If you want to see all the inconsistencies, I suggest you read the book and watch the movie.  If people watch only this film and not read the book, they will have no idea of the plot within the sixth installment of this story.

Let's hope the next movie is better.  I am so glad I did not waste money on this washout at the theatre.

What's that you say; you liked it?  OK, tell me something good about this movie.  Please.

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe that I forgot about this dvd and returned it to the library two day late thus incurring a four dollar charge? Now the library had been a blessing to me for the past forty years giving me at least a trillion dollars worth of good reading material, and so I have no problems with paying a fine. The fact is the library needs the money. I just don't like having to pay for this movie.

    ReplyDelete