Friday, April 16, 2010

Grappling With the Blue-Eyed Devil: Part IA

I apologize. I am having a hard time remembering what happened next.  And Jake does not recall our courtship, although it has been twenty-seven years.  It really feels like yesterday, so why don't we remember?  Yeah yeah yeah everyone, including you, is growing older.  I want this re-telling to be as accurate as possible, and so today I will search my old journals to hopefully piece together what actually happened.

In the meanwhile to appease my readers, I found a song that reminded me of what I felt Jake was trying to say to me at the table in the chow hall.



Please accept this bit of something real until I write part two this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I read my journal from 1983 and was embarrassed because I was so innocent and SOPPY. I cannot stop laughing at myself. I have changed somewhat... trial and error gave me knowledge and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee... I don't have a journal of my own from back then, but I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I were reading stuff I'd written back then (in the late 70s, too).

    Thanks for the Bill Withers, too! He was a fave of mine, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete