Friday, August 26, 2011

Music Written And Performed By Women Of Color

"Song for Mia"  Written by Lizz Wright and Toshi Reagon from the Lizz Wright Album The Orchard.

Their music positively affects me. Thank the Spirit they use their talents to bless other people.



I went down to the water
All night long
I put my feet in
All night long

And I went down to the water
All night long
And I put my dreams in
All night long

And what you think of me
I can't say
I'll take these bad things and I'll
Throw them all away

I'm at the shore now
The shadows at my back
I can feel the waves coming they're
Heavy and black

But I can't turn away now
It's like
They're singin' a song

And I I'm in harmony
I'm singing along

And what you did to me I
I can't take no more
I'll take these bad things and I'll
Lay them at the shore

The end of the ocean
I'll never see
I stare out in the distance and it's
Looking back at me

And I went down to the water
All night long
And I put my feet in
All night long

And I put my dreams in
All night long
And I put my tears in
All night long

I went down to the water

No comments:

Post a Comment