Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another Crazy Neighbor

On Friday at 8:15 a.m. my neighbor across the street decided to turn his banjo music as high as it could go.   His very large speakers are outside.  He played the themes for the Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction.  He also played Lester Flatt's and Earl Scruggs's "Foggy Mountain Breakdown."  I remember that song from "Bonnie and Clyde.


My first reaction was to go into my back bedroom, shut the doors, windows and turn the radio up.  It was no good.  I called the rental office. It wasn't open yet.  I put on some clothes to go out and ask the neighbor to turn down his music.

When I got outside at the bottom of my steps the cops came driving up.  Two cops tried to explain to this man that he could not play his music so loud that it disturbs other people.  He told the cops he knew his rights and he could play his music until 11:p.m.  Meanwhile I'm listening to this "unbelievable." exchange at the window.  After about five minutes the cops convinced him to turn down the music.

Now get this: He thinks I'm the one who called the cops.  How do I know this?  Another neighbor said he told her so and she also told Jake that it was her friend down the street who phoned the police.  Don't trust her with any important information.

This man thinks he knows what happened but won't directly confront me.  Clearly, if he hadn't turned down the music I would have called the cops, but I didn't get the chance and that's exactly what I would tell him.

I hope he doesn't slit my tires.



No comments:

Post a Comment